(1) Palmer, Gayle, L., ed. Washington State Union
List of Newspapers. OCLC, Inc., 1978-1990
(2) Hady, Maureen E. and James P. Danky. Asian American Periodicals and Newspapers. A Union List of Holdings in the Library of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin-Madison. Madison Wisconsin: Wisconsin State Historical Society, 1979.
(3) Kato, Terry. Filipino Newspapers held in the Suzzallo Library, 1982.
(4) Arndt, Karl and May Olson. Deutsch-Amerikanische Zeitungen und Zeitschriften, 1732-1955 (German-American Newspapers and Periodicals). Heidelberg: Quelle und Meyer, 1961.
(5) Arestad, Sverre. Bibliography on the Scandinavians of the Pacific Coast. Seattle, 1945 (Reprinted from Pacific Northwest Quarterly, vol. 36, no. 3, July, 1945.)
(6) Setterdahl, Lilly. Swedish-American Newspapers: A guide to the microfilms held by Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center, Augustana College. Illinois: Rock Island, 1981.
(7) Tatla, Darshan Singh. The Punjabi Ethnic Press of North America: A Selected Listing.
(8) Ethnic Newspapers 11/95
(9) Lacroix, Jean-Michel. Anatomie de la Presse Ethnique au Canada. Talence, France: Maison des sciences de l'homme d'Aquitaine :Centre d'etudes canadiennes de Bordeaux, 1988.
(10) Chin, Elise L. A Bibliography of Newspapers at the East Asia Library. Seattle: University of Washington Libraries, 1984.
(11) Goldwater, Walter. Radical Periodicals in America: A Bibliography. New Haven : Yale University Library, 1966.
(12) Schwantes, Carlos. "Washington State’s Pioneer Labor-Reform Press." Pacific Northwest Quarterly, 71(3) July 1980, p. 112-126.
(13) ____. "Tentative Checklist of Labor-Reform Journals Published in the State of Washington, 1918-1953." Unpublished manuscript.
(14) Danky, James P., ed. Native American Periodicals and Newspapers 1828-1982: Bibliography, Publishing Record, and Holdings. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1984.
(15) Komorous, Hana. "Union Catalogue of British Columbia Newspapers." British Columbia Library Association: 1987.
(16) University of Washington Libraries. Black Newspapers in Washington: A Preliminary Listing
(17) Oppedale, H.O. "Thomas Brown's Scandinavian Newspaper Directory." Chicago: Alfred Lindell & Co. 1894.
(18) Bennion, Sherilyn Cox. "The Woman Suffrage Press of the West." Outsiders in 19th-Century Press History: Multicultural Perspectives. Ed. Frankie Hutton and Barbara Straus Reed. Bowling Green, Ohio: Bowling Green State University Popular Press, 1995, p. 169-186.
(19) Hoerder, Dirk. The Immigrant Labor Press in North America, 1840s-1970s, An Annotated Bibliography, Volume 1: Migrants from Northern Europe. 1987.
(20) Mills, Hazel E. and Nancy B. Pryor. The Negro in the State of Washington 1788 - 1969, a Bibliography. Olympia : Washington State Library, 1970.
(21) Kessler, Lauren. The Dissident Press: Alternative Journalism in American History. Beverly Hills: Sage Publications, 1984.
(22) Wittke, Carl. German-Americans and the World War (with Special Emphasis on Ohio's German-Language Press). Colombus: The Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, 1936.
(23) Littlefield Jr., Daniel F. and James W. Parins American Indian and Alaska Native Periodicals, 1826 - 1924. Westport: Greenwood Press, 1984.
(24) Wynar, Lubomyr R and Anna T. Wynar. Encyclopedic Directory of Ethnic Newspapers and Periodicals in the United States. 2nd Edition. Littleton: Libraries Unlimited, Inc., 1976.
(25) Wasserman, Paul. Ethnic Information Sources of the United States. Detroit, Mich: Gale Research Co, 1976.
(26) Mitchell, Marlene. Washington Newspapers: Territorial and State, a Bibliography and Checklist. Seattle, WA: University of Washington, 1964.
(27) Hoerder, Dirk. The Immigrant Labor Press in North America, 1840s-1970s, An Annotated Bibliography, Volume 2: Migrants from Eastern and Southeastern Europe. 1987.
(28) Bogusis, Ruth. Checklist of Canadian Ethnic Serials. Ottawa, Canada: Newspaper Division: Public Services Branch, 1981.